Monday, December 14, 2020

Creating a Schedule

So, I've tried to make most of my blog posts similar to diary entries, but I don't think they give off that effect. It mainly because I had a set of things I needed to cover in those blog posts for a grade. This is not the case anymore. From this blog on, it's going to be full blown diary entries. Get ready for some ranting. So without further ado...

Dear Blogger,

This class just became very independent. We are now making our own schedules and putting our projects together. Bailey and I already have our concepts for our magazines. There is one more thing that we need to talk about together, but I'll talk about that later in this blog. So now, I need to create a schedule for my magazine project.

This schedule is going to need to include picture/interview dates, editing, article writing time, and other things for the magazine. So far, I think the hardest thing will be to get a date for the pictures and interviews. I already have people, with pets, that I want to get the pictures and interviews from. There is one problem though... they are covidiots. 

What do I mean by covidiots? They go out and mingle with other people multiple times a week without any precautions. It's kind of like they forget there is a global pandemic going on. One of them is a family of four with a pet cat. They always have someone new at their house just hanging out. I know this because I'm neighbors with them and see a new car in their driveway almost everyday. The other is an elderly couple with three adorable doggos (dogs). They are very nice, but they keep on going out and hanging with their friends in crowded public areas without a care in the world. Now, I'm ok with meeting these people, while wearing my mask and staying at a distance from them; It's my parents that won't let me near them. 

I get the concern. I know that my family is at high risk. My mother and brother both have moderate to sever asthma and my father has already been through two heart attacks and extensive surgery. Because of this, I am the most cautious out of all my friends when it comes to this stupid virus. This has honestly taken a toll on me. I can't really hang out with anyone during school and it sucks to have to decline invitations from my friends. I think what gets me ticked off the most is when it interferes with my school work. My school has had it's fair share of quarantines and I was unfortunately one of the first. I didn't have COVID, but I still had to do classes from home for two weeks. I have no idea how students do it every single day, but it was grueling. I couldn't learn anything! You better believe I was upset at the person who had COVID and was sitting close enough to get me quarantined. 

Well... I went off on a tangent. I think that part of my frustration comes from the decisions of other people affecting my life. 

Anyway, I know I can get the interview from a phone call, but getting pictures are going to be dicey. I can try to convince my parents to let me have one day to take pictures of them, but it's a toss up to whether they will let me go or not. I need pictures regardless, so perhaps most of the shots will be outside and from a distance with the lens on max zoom.

Another thing I discussed was that maybe Bailey could take a picture or two for me. This would create a fail safe for me incase I couldn't get pictures of a few of the people. Of course I would credit her for her work and she won't be taking all of the pictures in my magazine. This means that I need to draw the baseline for the pictures. So I'll do a rough sketch of a few idea shots, with specific directions underneath (like the type of shot and angle). I'll put that in a different blog when I do it. 

There is one last thing that I need to think of when I'm creating this schedule, I won't be able to work on any school work during the holiday break. It's just not feasible with the plans my parents made. So everything I work on has to be before or after the break. That leaves me with about four weeks to get everything done.

With all these restrictions, I came up with this schedule:

Sunday

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

 

12/14

Writing this blog post!

12/15

Drawing the picture basis (Max 20 drawn pictures)

12/16

Create interview questions and start working on the article.

12/17

Try to get call interview/maybe pictures with the elderly couple and their dogs or the family and their cat.

12/18

I’m not sure because I’m going to be very busy helping my parents.

12/18

HOLIDAY BREAK!!!

12/19

HOLIDAY BREAK!!!

12/20

HOLIDAY BREAK!!!

12/21

HOLIDAY BREAK!!!

12/22

HOLIDAY BREAK!!!

12/23

HOLIDAY BREAK!!!

12/24

HOLIDAY BREAK!!!

12/25

HOLIDAY BREAK!!!

12/26

HOLIDAY BREAK!!!

12/27

HOLIDAY BREAK!!!

12/28

HOLIDAY BREAK!!!

12/29

HOLIDAY BREAK!!!

12/30

HOLIDAY BREAK!!!

12/31

HOLIDAY BREAK!!!

1/1

WHOOOOO!!!! SEE YA 2020!!!

1/2

HOLIDAY BREAK!!!

1/3

HOLIDAY BREAK!!!

1/4  

Back to school. Probably working on the article.

1/5

Probably still working on the article.

1/6

Finish article and at least have one interview by this point. Integrate the interview into the article.

1/7

Get the article into InDesign and get it to my liking.

1/8

Keep messing around with the program to get what I want.

1/9

Same as yesterday

1/10

Actually, get some pictures. (Even if it means being a prick to my parents about it)

1/11

Go again to get some pictures if yesterday doesn’t work.

1/12

If I have pictures, edit them in.

1/13

Keep editing

1/14

More editing

1/15

I guess just editing since everything else should be done by now.

1/16

Editing

1/17

Editing

1/18

Editing

1/19

Editing

1/20

Editing

1/21

Editing.

1/22

DUE DATE!!!!

Now, am I going to keep up with this schedule? Eh.... It really just depends. The important thing is that I have a schedule that I can go off of. So until the next blog I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Annotated Bibliography

Annotated Bibliography