Dear Blogger,
This blog is to talk about the two interviews I conducted and the responses I got from interviewees. Now I didn't meet many of them face to face, (thank you modern technology). I was able to get pictures of the elderly couple and their pets because I went to their house for the interview, but the others I will still need to get pictures. I will be gathering those pictures and showing them to you in a different blog. Let's start with the questions.
I came up with four main questions:
- What pets do you have and how long have you had them?
- Did you or your family adopt them due to the pandemic? (I only asked this one if they said they had their pet for a year or less)
- How much of an impact have your pets made on you before the pandemic?
- Have they made a more positive impact since the pandemic and if so, in what ways have they positively affected your life during these hard times?
Now, certain questions were somewhat altered depending on what they answered for the prior questions as you will see in the following examples. When interviewing, I tried to get a variety of people with different backgrounds, age, and living situations to ensure that the answers don't end up similar to each other. The only similarity is that for everyone who I've interviewed, they have stated that their pets have affected them positively during this pandemic. So here are the interviewees and their answers.
The first interviewee is an eighteen-year-old woman named Brianna Mowbray. She lives with her mother and father and has postpone going to college until next year, mainly in fear of catching the corona virus because she has very bad asthma (which is understandable). So here are the answers that I received from her:
What pets do you have and how long have you had them?
A black lab named Sophie I've had her for 8 years an African Grey Parrot named Zachariah but we call him Zach for short he's been with our family since before I was born.
(Clearly they did not adopt their pets due to the pandemic so I moved on to the third question.)
How much of an impact have your pets made on you before the pandemic?
Before the pandemic Sophie made me more active and Zach he was just there for company
Have they made a more positive impact since the pandemic and if so, in what ways have they positively affected your life during these hard times?
Well Sophie motivated me to get out of the house after I lost my job and Zack he always made me smile since he has the ability to talk but he always says the weirdest phrases.
This was not a bad start to my interviews. You may have noticed that some of the answers are answered as if they were through text. That is because they were from her texting back the answers after I asked the questions. I didn't want to alter anything for this blog. I'll do that when I put it into my magazine. I like this interview because it comes from a person who has lost her job and her pets helped her get her back out of the house. It really helps bring the appeal that pets help us; which is the entire premise of our magazine.
The second interviewee is a seventeen-year-old teen named Angel Thomas. She currently moved from Florida to New Hampshire for her senior year of school. I interviewed her because she is the only person I interviewed that doesn't live in Florida. This was the main reason I interviewed her. So here are the answers I received:
What pets do you have and how long have you had them?
two cats, almost a year now
Did you or your family adopt them due to the pandemic?
nope
How much of an impact have your pets made on you before the pandemic?
none, i didnt have em yet
Have they made a more positive impact during the pandemic and if so, in what ways have they positively affected your life during these hard times?
yes, they've been a cuddly support and are very much adorable one of them laid on my lap for the first time the other day
As much as I want to use this one, I don't know if I'm going to be able to. The answers are very short and don't really explain much. Plus, I won't be able to go to her place and take pictures, because she is in New Hampshire. Oh well, at least it's another interview to fall back on.
I did have a third interview that I recorded the audio on my phone, but currently my computer is giving me a lot of trouble uploading it to blogger, so I'll put it in a next blog post if my computer decides it wants to work. (I've been going at it for hours and am very frustrated). But I did get the interview and a few pictures so I will be working on putting that in the magazine and work on getting the audio file up on blogger later. I'm going to save the pictures that I took for that blog post because I feel that it works better if you can see the pictures as while listening to the audio. So see you until then.
No comments:
Post a Comment