Dear Blogger,
So I have two main things I want to talk about. One is scheduling problems and the other is drawing ideas for pictures. I'm going to start with my drawing ideas just because it's a lot shorter than the next topic.
Remember in the last blog post I said that my friend Bailey may take one or two pictures for my magazine? Well, I had to draw some ideas of the shots I want. I ended up with drawing five different shots. Three of them are with the owner and their cat in the same shot and two of them are just the cat (just in case the owner doesn't want to have their picture taken). Here are the pictures I drew. Please don't judge my drawing abilities.
Now that that's out of the way, lets talk about some issues I have with scheduling. I stated that getting pictures and interviews would be very hard because the people who I want to interview and get pictures of their pets are covidiots (Covidiot: refers to a person who goes into public places and mingle with people without any precautions despite the entire world still being in a corona virus pandemic). For me, the initial problem was that my parents would be very hesitant with letting me go near those people in fear of contracting the virus. I said that my solution would be to keep my distance as much as possible and take outdoor shots where I am at a distance away. Welp... let's just say that this may be out the window until next year.
As I was going to ask my mother yesterday if I could possibly get an interview and a few pictures with these people, I overheard a conversation that somehow the elderly couple pissed her off. I already knew it was going to take some convincing, but now there was no way of convincing her to let me interview and take pictures. What about the other group? The family with a cat. Well... I didn't know this until today, but my mother is also annoyed with them. I'm not going to go into the details on this one, but let's just leave it at they have their own little circle of friends.
You may be asking, why don't I ask my father to take me? The main reason is that he's very busy with work most of the time. When he isn't busy working, he's either watching fĂștbol (soccer to my fellow Americans), eating, or doing more work on the side. When he is not busy, it is much too late or dark to do anything because it gets dark around 6:30 pm where I am. I'm sure he would be happy to take me to where I need to go, but I don't think it will work with the owners and their pets. They too have busy lives.
At this point, I will need to wait until next year until I can possibly get pictures and interviews from those people. I don't really have other people that I can interview or get pictures of because they don't have pets.
But but but!!! I'm going to use this to my advantage. Now that I know that I won't be able to get interviews or pictures this year, I will use whatever time I have left to write the article. This way, I'm not wasting time or effort into something that is never going to happen. I can also get a picture of my fish for the table of contents. Too bad Orion (my fish) isn't going to get an article of his own. Eh... that's ok, at least he gets a picture somewhere in the magazine. This will throw a wrench in my schedule next year; but for now, I'm going to worry about my article's contents and start creating the document for my magazine.

No comments:
Post a Comment