Sunday, January 10, 2021

This Week's Progress

 Dear Blogger,

So... I completely forgot to do a blog post this week because I was so busy working on the feature article as well as other school work, so here it is. I mainly focused on writing my feature article this week. The plan is to get the feature article done, get pictures, then put everything together. Pretty simple right? I did look up a bunch of scholarly articles that featured scientific tests based on how animals affect a human's mental state. 

One example of this is the journal article, "Using Attachment Theory and Social Support Theory to Examine and Measure Pets as Sources of Social Support and Attachment Figures" by Michael Meehan, Bronwyn Massavelli, and Nancy Pachana.. Their research focused on the effect of animal company, mainly pets, on human's social support and attachment figures. Their research was around four aspects: proximity maintenance and interaction, emotional attachment behaviors, emotional support given and received, and emotional and monetary value. They found out that humans who spend more time with animals have mostly exhibited behaviors that are associated with well mental wellbeing. Now this is a very brief description of their results, but that's really all I need. After all, I'm not doing a journal article summary, I'm writing a feature article about how pets mentally help their owners. This information is just to emphasize my point by saying that science supports it. It makes the article credible and shows that this information isn't just being pulled out of thin air.

Another notable thing that happened was that I got some more pictures. Some of them are my beta-fish, Orion, and the other one is a picture that Bailey took. Remember when I stated in an earlier blog post that Bailey was going to help me by getting some pictures? She was able to get one earlier this week. So let's end this blog post with some pictures of animals (with added commentary).

So this is my beta fish, Orion. I love him. Anyway, this picture was just to introduce him, I don't think I'll use this one in the final cut.

This one is nicer than the first one because he is actually looking at the camera. However, the glare from the glass is just killing all the pictures. This one is one of the best ones though.

This one shows him at a different angel. This is also one of the few shots I got where the glare isn't killing the photo. I like this one.

We got one of him facing forward, but that green light at the top doesn't work. I think I may need to cut it out if I use this one.


These two show him under the blue light. I kind of like the side shot. Gives you a full visual of the fish.

I think this photo is great! I will definitively use this. I just wish she took a few more. That's ok, I'm still glad she got a photo for me. Thank you Bailey.

I'm sure that these pictures will do great. They will most likely be in the table of contents if I use them since they don't directly relate to my feature article. The fish picture that I do end up using will probably need to be edited because of the light and the glass. Other than that, I think these are great! Until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Annotated Bibliography

Annotated Bibliography