Dear Blogger,
So, it has been a while since I last posted. Sorry about that. I was very busy. I have been making plenty of edits to the main project based off of the peer review. I will say that the peer review was very helpful, especially for the content page of this project. So let's see what I changed to the project throughout this month.
For the magazine, I started by looking at the critiques that I was given by my peers and looked at the one's I could do. The first was getting rid of the extra pictures on the cover page. This was to help emulate the sophisticated and polished style, since our biggest praise was our polished pictures. We also agreed with the paw print idea and put a paw print in the bottom right corner with the date of the issue. It now looks like this:
For the content page, we went with the concept of the paw print pictures. The idea was that the paw print pictures would be faded in the background while the text of the contents were in front them. This caused it to look like this:
It's not perfect, but it is such an improvement on the first draft. I still need to fix the pictures on the pawprints, but I really like this.
As for the featured article, I didn't really change much. All I did was turn the photos into paw prints on the second page and fixed the text a bit. So now it looks like this:
These changes definitely helped make the magazine look for professional. There was also much more conversations about the concept between me and Bailey. This helped make our magazines look more cohesive. Communication was somewhat of a problem during our first pass. Now, our magazines look like they could be from the same line up.
I am still editing everything and making it look as best as I could. However, there are still other things I need to work on for this portfolio project. However, that will be explained in the next blog post. See ya in the next blog.




No comments:
Post a Comment